Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Melbourne Weather - forever a surprise!

B'H

I always like to look at the weather forecast for Melbourne as invariably they get it wrong. The seven day forecast is especially ironic as it changes from day to day as does the weather. Yesterday for example we sweltered in 33 C plus weather and today we froze at 20 C with a chilly wind and when you factor that in coupled with the fact that it is rainy and overcast you have a chilly day. Tomorrow is supposed to be another one of those days but we shall see. This city is full of surprises and you have to be tough to live here. If you go out on a hot morning and it drops 10 degrees in as many minutes, well you just get goosebumps and soldier on regardless.
If you go out on a chilly morning in your best woollens and warmly clothed then the weather heats up from 10 C to 29 C by lunch time, well you just pretend you are in Iran and sweat it out. You either love it or hate it. I love it. I can't stand weather that is the same day in and day out for months on end. I would not do well living in the Sahara Desert. Too much of the same sunshine and the odd sand storm for months and months. Human  beings thrive on a bit of excitement.
Imagine Russia with snow and ice for years on end. I can't and it feels like Siberia at the moment here and thus I am headed off to bed as I have to rise at 5 to do some work on reports. Or I must get up even earlier.

No comments: